The Indiana Jewish Historical Society is a privately funded, 501c3 not-for-profit organization. The society hosts an annual program and the Hoosier Jewish Legends Awards. The IJHS also publishes a quarterly newsletter, The Historical News, and the journal Indiana Jewish History.
Membership in the IJHS is open to everyone. Members may be of any faith, and the same applies to the Board of Directors and our Executive Board. We have six membership categories:
- Lifetime: $ 1800 and above (record your oral history, or that of a loved one, to be held in our archives)
- Patron: $ 180 and above
- Organization: $ 125 and above
- Sustaining: $ 90
- Contributing: $ 54
- Basic: $ 36
- Student: $ 9
An endowment was established in January 2002 to sustain the IJHS. Your support is integral to our organizational success. Interest on this endowment may be used for operating expenses; the principal can only be used for major expenditures approved by most of the Board of Directors. Therefore, we continually encourage further donations to the endowment account.
You can become a member or donate to the IJHS online or by mail:
Then, click on the yellow “DONATE” button to the right and follow the prompts.
Mail the following information to 6705 Hoover Road, Indianapolis, IN 46260
- Your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number
- Choose the designation of your donation: 1. membership dues, 2. endowment fund, or 3. in honor/memory of a loved one.
- A check, in the amount of your chosen membership category above, made payable to “Indiana Jewish Historical Society.”
Our success depends on the support of our membership and donations to our endowment fund. Please consider contributing to support our mission to “collect, preserve, publish and promote the Jewish experience in Indiana.”
Questions? Please contact us! At email@example.com