A Brief Timeline of the IJHS
- 1972: The IJHS was founded in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
- 1972: Joe Levine became the first Executive Director.
- 1995: Eileen Baitcher became the second Executive Director.
- 1999: The IJHS archival collections were donated to the Indiana Historical Society in Indianapolis.
- 2002: The IJHS endowment was established.
- 2016: The first annual Hoosier Jewish Legends Awards were held.
- 2017: The IJHS office moved from Fort Wayne to Indianapolis.
- 2017: Wendy Soltz became the third Executive Director.
- 2018: IJHS Lifetime Membership was introduced.