Rules of entries
- Nominations must pertain to some aspect of Jewish life in Indiana or local history.
- A nomination form and a $36 Application Fee must accompany each submission.
- A picture of the nominee must be included with the submission.
- Letters of recommendation, articles, brochures, and other supporting documents are encouraged (on 8 1⁄2 x 11 paper).
- Completed nominations must be postmarked by April 1. 2024
- Completed nomination form.
- Written summary describing why nominees should be selected (minimum of 100 words).
- Picture solely of the nominee (photos will be returned only by request).
- $36 application fee.
- Suggested items to further document the nominee’s work: (to be printed on 8 1⁄2 x 11 paper)
- Letters of recommendation
Submit nominations by mail to
Hoosier Jewish Legends Award Committee 1839 Box Elder Ct
Indianapolis, IN 46260-1507
Submitted material will be retained for future consideration for up to 3 years. Submitted materials will not be returned unless otherwise agreed upon in advance. Incomplete nomination forms and/or omitted required materials will automatically disqualify the nominee from consideration. Indiana Jewish Historical Society membership is not a requirement as part of the consideration. Individuals cannot nominate themselves. To download this nomination form or for further information, please refer to the IJHS website www.ijhs.org or contact Gale Halperin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Award determination and notification
The Hoosier Jewish Legend Awards Committee is appointed annually by the Indiana Jewish Historical Society (IJHS).
All submissions are confidential, and nominees are not notified of the application submitted or its status unless it is successful. Submitters of applications will be notified of receipt of the application and contacted again directly with the results. Nomination forms remain active for three years from the original date of submission. In August, awards will be presented at the IJHS Hoosier Jewish Legends – A Hall of Fame Program.
The Indiana Jewish Historical Society (IJHS) invites you to learn about the Hoosier Jewish Legends – A Hall of Fame (HJL) celebrating Hoosiers who have created a significant and lasting impact on their profession, faith-based and/or secular community, and the legacy of the role of the Jewish community in Indiana’s continuing story.
Notification of Award:
The Hoosier Jewish Legend Awards Committee is appointed annually by the IJHS. The Awards Committee reserves the right to move nominees into different categories, award multiple nominees within a category, or decline the granting of an award within a category, as appropriate.