Rules of entries
- Nominations must pertain to some aspect of Jewish life in Indiana or local history.
- A nomination form and a $36 Application Fee must accompany each submission.
- A picture of the nominee must be included with submission.
- Letters of recommendation, articles, brochures and other supporting documents are encouraged (on 8 1⁄2 x 11 paper).
- Completed nominations must be postmarked by April 1. 2022
- Completed nomination form.
- Written summary describing why nominees should be selected (minimum of 50 words).
- Picture solely of the nominee (pictures will be returned only by request).
- $36 application fee.
- Suggested items to further document the nominee’s work: (to be printed on 8 1⁄2 x 11 paper)
- Letters of recommendation
Submit nominations by mail to
Hoosier Jewish Legends Award Committee 1839 Box Elder Ct
Indianapolis, IN 46260-1507
Submitted material will be retained for future consideration for up to 3 years. Submitted materials will not be returned unless otherwise agreed upon in advance. Incomplete nomination forms and/or omitted required materials will automatically disqualify the nominee from consideration. Indiana Jewish Historical Society membership is not a requirement as part of consideration. Individuals cannot nominate themselves. To download this nomination form, or for further information, please refer to the IJHS website www.ijhs.org or contact Gale Halperin at email@example.com.
Award determination and notification
The Hoosier Jewish Legend Awards Committee is appointed annually by the Indiana Jewish Historical Society (IJHS). The Awards Committee reserves the right to move nominees into different categories, award multiple nominees within a category, or decline granting of an award within a category, as appropriate.
All submissions are confidential and nominees are not notified of the application submitted or its status unless it is successful. Submitters of applications will be notified of receipt of application and contacted again directly with the results. Nomination forms remain active for 3 years from the original date of submission. Awards will be presented at the IJHS Hoosier Jewish Legends – A Hall of Fame Program in August.
The Indiana Jewish Historical Society (IJHS) invites you to learn about the Hoosier Jewish Legends – A Hall of Fame (HJL) celebrating Hoosiers who have created a significant and lasting impact on their profession, faith-based and/or secular community, and the legacy of the role of the Jewish community in Indiana’s continuing story.
Notification of Award:
The Hoosier Jewish Legend Awards Committee is appointed annually by the IJHS. The Awards Committee reserves the right to move nominees into different categories, award multiple nominees within a category, or decline granting of an award within a category, as appropriate.
All submissions are confidential, and nominees are not notified of the application submitted, or its status unless it is successful. Nominators will be notified of receipt of submitted applications and notified directly should their nominee be selected. Nomination forms remain active for three years from the original date of submission.